*If this content is helpful, please give it an “upvote” so others can benefit from it as well. Don’t forget to check out the Free Tools at the bottom.
This is a quick and useful read! Below, are easy on-page SEO tips that you can implement today when writing your blog post or publishing a new webpage. According to over 8,200 digital marketers surveyed by Salesforce, SEO will continue to become more important to digital marketers. Learn the 10 SEO techniques you can use to gain a higher ranking on search engines, according to experts!
10 SEO Hacks for Your Blog Post or Webpage
- Set your focus keyword. Picking a good keyword for your post is key when you want to get found by active searchers. Your focus keyword is what the article is about and help with your ranking in search engines.
- Always use H1 tags for your article title. H1 tags give searchers the context to help them decide initially if your content is right for them. H1 tags are very visually noticeable.
- Always use H2 tags for your sub-headings. H2 tags break up the content making it easier to scan and read. Also mention the focus keyword in at least 1 of your subheadings
- Mention the focus keyword 4-6 times during your article. Mentioning your focus keyword is important because it reminds that reader of the topic and tells the search engines that the content is consistent with the focus keyword. It is good practice not to over or under-use your keyword as you don’t want to sound spammy or give poor signals to search engines about your content.
- Use both external and internal links in your blog post or article. Try and link to at least 3 authority websites. This gives credibility to the content you are writing. It is good practice to link to similar content on your own site. Linking to your own content shows the consistency in your message and tells search engines that you are consistent. If you are writing your first post, you can link back to your home page to meet this SEO requirement.
- Optimize your blog post or article’s title. Your focus keyword should be in the title of your blog post or webpage. There are also different ways you can present the focus keyword that will make it more searchable.
- Optimize the meta description for your post. It is a best practice to mention the focus keyword in the meta description.
- Optimize your URL. Make the URL as short as possible and mention the focus keyword.
- Ad images, graphics, and stats (when adding stats, you can make that stat an external link to the authority website). Give a consistent look.
- Put the focus keyword in the “alternative text” area when creating your post.
Here Are Some Other Totally Free Tools You Might Like
These tools are free forever and offer value to your efforts. If you have articles that you have already you can copy and paste your content into the Rewrite Article tool, and it will transform your article into a new post. Of course, you should read through the post to make certain that it makes sense to you. You also want to check for punctuations and sentence structure.
Google and other search engines will rank you much better when you are clear with what your message is and you add value to the topic. By making good content with a strong on-page SEO strategy, you are signaling to Google that you are here and providing quality content for its users!